We dream of traveling…
We are learning about states and places we’d love to visit in each state! With 2 close friends in Alabama, it was naturally our first choice in putting together our bucket list.
Here are the 5 places we’d like to go in Alabama once we can visit:
- McWane Science Center – Birmingham: I stumbled upon McWane when looking for virtual activities and found a gummy bear experiment. Ever since then, I’ve been following them and their science adventures. They have a few virtual activities on their site and they were going live every Tuesday and Thursday for a quick science lesson. To make me love them more, at Christmastime, they showed How the Grinch Stole Christmas in IMAX!
- Space & Rocket Center – Huntsville: This place sounds so cool! They even have Space Camp!
- Huntsville Museum of Art – My husband LOVES art museums. In my research, it was clear that this was a must visit whenever we go. They even have virtual activities for kids, we recreated a sculpture by drawing it!
- Civil Rights Memorial Center – Montgomery: A beautiful memorial for the Civil Rights Movement. I believe this important history for my children to learn. They even have a Civil Rights Activity Book for children available online. You can access it here.
- Lulu’s – Gulf Shores: I’ve heard wonderful things about Lulu’s in the allergy community. They have multiple allergy menus making it easier for people with food allergies to eat there. I have gotten a Lulu’s cookbook a couple months ago and decided to make some of the spice blends. They were delish!
- Bonus bucket list item for mom (AKA me) – Unclaimed Baggage – Scottsboro: This is where the unclaimed baggage from airplanes go. I can only imagine what goodies could be found there!
Virtual Fun for kids!
I definitely can’t blog about travel without mentioning all the virtual activities available to kids right now. As I was research for this blog, I came across many activities on the websites of museums and zoos. Additionally, I came across some printables, including these color and trace words pages from 3 Boys and a Dog. Even though we have to stay home right now, I find we can still enjoy and learn about new places by the virtual activities and videos. I can’t wait to explore more!
We sure had a great time learning about Alabama! Did we miss any must do places in Alabama? Let me know in the comments!