It’s been a while! Somehow the summer and the beginning of school just got away from us! I’m back with more fun, virtual travel and food! We have had a long, drawn out celebration of our neighbor state Arizona. Arizona was the first state outside California I ever visited! It’s where I took my first plane flight to. And it’s where one of my closest friends live. Arizona is HOT but it’s so beautiful! Even the drive to Arizona is filled with beauty!
There’s so much to do in Arizona! From the Grand Canyon, to Phoenix, to Tucson, the fun never ends! It’s even easier to learn about different states because many locations still have virtual activities to do. Plus, lots of blogs have activities too! For this blog, I’m going to list my top 5 places to visit in Arizona, plus some activities we found along the way.
Top 5 places to visit in Arizona!
- Grand Canyon – probably the most famous place in Arizona!
- I.D.E.A Museum – a fun children’s museum!
- Arizona – Sonora Desert Museum – a great museum to learn about Arizona
- Reid Park Zoo – a cute and very reasonably priced zoo
- Trail Dust Town – A fun Western town with an exciting stunt show and delicious restaurant, Pinnacle Peak.
Arizona fun at home!
- My son learned a lot watching a video from the Pueblo Grande Museum : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsiT-p5W_Ns&list=PLtT7v6uhP-tJYokXfHof_5cO1LFXs_FXO&index=16
- We were challenged with a maze from Fort Verde State Historic Park: https://d2umhuunwbec1r.cloudfront.net/gallery/0004/0019/BBC4DD956D5F426A850893AC5DC212F2/FOVE_Junior_Ranger_2021.pdf
- My daughter learned how life has changed at Elden Pueblo from Coconino National Forest: https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5360669.pdf
- They both put their own spin on coloring the Rosson House at Heritage Square: RHM-Coloring-Page-easy.jpg (900×1180) (heritagesquarephx.org)
- We made our own cactus! http://andrewrachelashmore.blogspot.com/2010/03/leprechauns-stain-glass-and-saguaro.html
- We made an Arizona recipe with this Arizona Cheese Crisp: https://eclecticmomsense.com/arizona-cheese-crisp-sponsored/.
- Experimenting with mixing colors with an activity from the Desert Caballeros Western Museum was fun for the whole family: https://westernmuseum.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/MIxing-Colors-Experiment-1.pdf
Have you ever been to Arizona? What is your favorite place there?